2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike
2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike: Have an amazing time during your Rwanda safari as you take part in this 2 days mount karisimbi hike where you will have the chance to hike the Mount Karisimbi one of the eight virunga mountains that offers exceptional views while in volcanoes national park. The hike will give you the chance to see a number of rewarding attractions like Dian Fossey’s grave at the Karisoke research centre, bird species like; blue turaco, Ross’s turaco, coqui Francolin, long tailed cisticola, bubbling cisticola, Miombo wren warbler, Chubb’s cisticola Archers ground robin, red faced woodland warbler endemic to the albertine rift, animal species and butterfly species among other rewarding experiences as you hike Mount Karisimbi in Volcanoes national park. Additionally you can take part in the Kigali city tour where you will have the chance to understand the culture of Rwanda by visiting memorable sites like Kigali genocide memorial museum, Kimironko market among other sites.
Highlights of your 2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike
- Day one: transfer to volcanoes national park
- Day two: mount karisimbi hike and departure
Detailed itinerary for your safari
DAY ONE: TRANSFER TO VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
- TRANSFER TO VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK: On day one of your 2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike, at a location of your choice in Kigali city or Kigali international airport where you will have a memorable briefing session of your safari, expect the most memorable safari, during the briefing session, you will get to know the different activities that you will get to participate in, the rules and regulations to follow during your safari among other memorable activities. After the briefing session, you will participate in a Kigali city tour which will give you the opportunity to understand and enjoy the culture of the people of Rwanda for instance how they carry out their daily activities as you visit Kimironko market the oldest market in Rwanda, after the tour in the market you will get to visit the presidential palace which is also offers a great insight of the Rwanda genocide, additionally you will also get to visit the Kigali genocide memorial museum another important aspect of the Rwanda genocide which will give you the opportunity to visit the different exhibition areas that will give you the chance to understand more of the genocide and how it affected the people of Rwanda. As the Kigali tour gets to an end, have an amazing time while feasting on the most delicious Rwanda cuisine in one of Rwanda’s finest restaurants in Kigali City. After the tour you will make your way to volcanoes national park where you will check in your hotel. In the evening transfer to the park for rewarding nature walks where you will get to see a number of bird species, primate species swinging within the tree branches after the among experience, transfer back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay as you await the next day’s activities.
DAY TWO: MOUNT KARISIMBI HIKE AND DEPARTURE
- MOUNT KARISIMBI HIKE AND DEPARTURE: On day two of your 2 days mount Karisimbi Hike, after an early morning breakfast at your hotel, you will be transferred to the park in order to see a number of rewarding attractions. During the hike you will get to see a number of attractions like bird species for instance; blue turaco, Ross’s turaco, coqui Francolin, long tailed cisticola, bubbling cisticola, Miombo wren warbler, Chubb’s cisticola Archers ground robin, red faced woodland warbler, animal species like buffalos, black fronted duikers, bushbucks, bush pigs, spotted hyenas, black and white colobus, white colobus, you will have the chance to see the Karisoke research centre that was set up by a primatologist Doctor Dian Fossey among others after the rewarding experiences, you will head back to your starting point in the park where you will be transferred to Kigali city for lunch and you will be dropped off at a location of your choice in Kigali City or Kigali International Airport and the end of your 2 days Mount Karisimbi Hike.
End of the 2 Days Mount Karisimbi Hike
- Pickup and drop off in Kigali
- A guide
- Entrance permits
- Meals and bottled water
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Nature walks
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Rwanda visa fees
- Activities that are not included on the itinerary