3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Safari from Kigali
3 days Bwindi gorilla trekking Safari from Kigali. This 3 day gorilla trekking safari will give you a chance to track habituated mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, in the southwestern part of Uganda. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi is much cheaper than in Rwanda, thus making this 3 days gorilla safari the best option for visitors who have a fixed travel budget. The 3 days Bwindi gorilla safari starts in Kigali city, with a transfer to Bwindi national park in Uganda. You will track gorillas then transfer back to Kigali.
Summary of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Safari from Kigali.
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali and Transfer to Bwindi.
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Batwa Trail Experience.
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali.
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali and Transfer to Bwindi.
- Arrival in Kigali and City Tour: On day 1 of your 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Safari from Kigali, your guide from Explore Rwanda Tours will meet you at your designated pick up location in Kigali City. You will then embark on short tour of Kigali city where you will pay a visit to interesting tourist sites like; the Kigali Genocide Memorial Site, Umusambi Village, Camp Kigali, Caplaki craft village, Nyamirambo Women’s center and Kimironko market among others. Lunch will be in Kigali city.
- Transfer to Bwindi: After lunch, proceed with your transfer to Bwindi which is about a 4hours’ drive from Kigali city. Upon your arrival in the park, check into your lodge for dinner and accommodation.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Batwa Trail Experience.
- Gorilla Trekking: Wake up early in the morning, have breakfast and drive to the park. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi national park starts at 8am every morning and usually takes six to eight hours, inclusive of one hour that is spent with the gorillas once they have been located. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi can be quite challenging due to the impenetrable forest and slippery hiking trails; therefore you will need to be physically and mentally prepared for this activity. Remember to carry a good pair of hiking shoes, some snacks and mineral water to keep hydrated.
- Batwa Trail Experience: After your gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi Forest, you will proceed to do the Batwa Trail Experience, which is conducted by local Batwa guides. Get to learn more about the Batwa’s long and ancient history with the forest, and also learn how to make some local herbal medicines, and Batwa traditional hunting skills. Later head back to the park’s headquarters for your gorilla trekking certificate and transfer back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Drive to Lake Bunyonyi & Transfer back to Kigali.
- Drive Lake Bunyonyi: Wake up in the morning and a relaxed breakfast at your lodge. Your guide will then transfer to Lake Bunyonyi for a morning boat ride on the lake. You will get a chance to explore the lake’s vast beauty, stunning birdlife and some of the popular islands on the lake such as the Punishment Islands, where long ago women got pregnant out of wedlock were exiled to. Have lunch by the lakeside and later transfer back to Kigali.
- Transfer back to Kigali: Drive back to Kigali where upon your arrival in the city, your guide/driver will drop you off at a hotel of your choice or at the airport in time to check-in and board your flight home.
End of Tour