3 Days Chimp Tracking in Kibale
3 Days Chimp Tracking in Kibale: The 3 days Chimpanzee tracking safari takes you to Kibale Forest National Park, which is considered to be the epi-center of chimpanzee tours in the East African region. There are about two habituated chimpanzee groups in the park and you can track them in groups consisting of a maximum of six members each.
highlights of 3 Days Chimp Tracking in Kibale
- Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe & Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking & Bigodi Swamp Walk
- Day 3: Departure
Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe & Transfer to Kibale National Park.
- Pickup & Transfer to Kibale: Meet up with your guide/driver from our company upon your arrival at the airport in Entebbe. You will then transfer to Kibale national park which is located in the western part of Uganda. You will a stopover at the equator monuments in Kayabwe to take a few pictures. Have lunch enroute to the park. The road trip to the national park is quite long, so you will have a few stopovers to ease yourself and freshen up.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking & Bigodi Swamp Walk.
- Chimpanzee Trekking: Wake up to an early morning breakfast and proceed to Kanyanchu Visitors Center in Kibale Forest National Park. You will be welcomed by the head ranger at the park, sign in and then have a short briefing before you begin tracking chimpanzees. Kibale Forest National Park is home to over 1500 chimpanzees, thus making the park a haven for all chimp trekking tours in Uganda. Chimpanzee trekking activities in this park will begin at exactly 8am in the morning, and last between 2-5 hours. Once you have located the chimps, you will be given exactly an hour to spend with the chimps; so make sure you have your camera ready with you. After your chimpanzee trekking activity, you will head back to your lodge to freshen up, have lunch and relax.
- Bigodi Swamp Walk: Later in the Afternoon, you will proceed to Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary which is just adjacent to the national park. Here, you will embark on a guided nature walk in the Swamp; where you will get to sight a number of bird species like; the Yellow-spotted Barbet, Hairy-breasted Barbet, Superb Sunbird, Black Bishop bird and the rare Shoe Bill Stock to mention but a few. There are about 138 bird species in Bigodi Swamp alone. Later head back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Departure.
- Transfer back to Kampala & Departure: Enjoy a relaxed breakfast at your lodge. Check out of your lodge and transfer back to Kampala. You will have lunch enroute to Kampala. Once you reach Kampala city, you can decide to embark on a short tour of Kampala city, depending on what time you arrive in the city. Later have your guide/driver drop you off at a hotel of your choice in the city, or at Entebbe International Airport where you will board your flight back home.
End of 3 Days Chimp Tracking in Kibale