3 Days Nyungwe Forest Adventure
3 Days Nyungwe Forest Adventure takes you to Nyungwe Forest National Park, where you will have an opportunity to track some of the habituated chimpanzees that call the forest home. The 3 days Nyungwe Tour will start with a pick-up in Kigali city from where you will embark on a short tour of the city. You will then transfer to Nyungwe where you will track chimpanzees and embark on a hike to the canopy walkway. On your last day, you will drive to Gisakura tea estate for a tour of the tea farms and processing plant. You will then drive back to Kigali city marking the end of your 3 days Nyungwe Tour.
Highlights of the 3 Days Nyungwe Forest Adventure
- Day 1: Pick up in Kigali & Transfer to Nyungwe National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking and Canopy Walkway.
- Day 3: Gisakura Tea Estate & Transfer to Back to Kigali
Day 1: Pick up in Kigali & Transfer to Nyungwe National Park
- Pick up in Kigali & City Tour: You will be picked up by your guide from Explore Rwanda Tours upon arrival at Kigali International Airport. You will have a short tour of the Kigali Genocide Memorial Site and Umusambi Village. Grab a bite and then proceed with your transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park.
- Transfer to Nyungwe: The drive from Kigali city to the park takes about 5⅟₂ hours and covers approximately 218km. Also, air transfers to Nyungwe from Kigali international airport are available in case you wish to skip the long road trip, just in form our travel consultant in advance when making your bookings for this trip.
- Upon your arrival at Nyungwe Forest National Park, check into your lodge for dinner and accommodation.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking and Canopy Walkway
- Chimpanzee Trekking: Wake up early in the morning and have breakfast at your lodge/hotel. You will be expected to arrive at the park headquarters by 7 am in the morning. Actual chimpanzee trekking starts at 8 am, where you will be placed in tracking groups consisting of a maximum of six members per group. Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe can take about four to six hours, inclusive of an hour that is given to trekkers once a chimpanzee group has been located. You can then have your packed lunch in case you carried it along with you.
- Canopy Walkway: After your chimpanzee trekking activity, you will embark on a hiking expedition to the canopy walkway. The canopy walkway is characterized by a 160-meter long bridge which is suspended to 70 meters high. The hike to Nyungwe’s canopy walkway takes two hours and hikers can enjoy sighting lots of birds and primate species such as monkeys. Later head back to your lodge/hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Gisakura Tea Estate & Transfer to Back to Kigali
- Visit Gisakura Tea Estate: After having breakfast in the morning, your guide will drive you to Gisakura Tea estate, which is located just a few kilometers from Nyungwe national park. Here, you will be taken through the process of tea growing, harvesting, processing and packaging. You will even get to taste the delicious taste of the final product.
- Transfer back to Kigali: Have lunch and later proceed with your transfer back to Kigali city. Once you arrive in Kigali, your guide/driver will drop you off at your hotel or directly at the airport in time for you to check-in and board your flight back home.
End of the 3 Days Nyungwe Forest Adventure