Chimpanzee Trekking in Uganda
Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda is among the most memorable activities that you can take part in for an amazing Uganda safari. Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda is carried out in Kibale national park the primate hub of Uganda where you will get to see a number of rewarding primates like; black and white colobus monkey, Hamlyn’s monkey, dent’s monkey, the baboons, silver monkey, silver monkey and many other primates. The activity involves tourists hiking through the different trails in the park in order to access one of the four habituated chimpanzee troops in the park, you will have the chance to visit the troops where you will get to spend one hour with the primates observing their features in the wild like their feeding patterns where you will see them feeding on wild celery, a number of edible roots, small insects, you will also get to see how they construct their overnight nests, their grooming patterns among other features that will make the activity quite rewarding.
Price of gorilla trekking permit
In order to participate in Chimpanzee trekking, Kibale national park, you should obtain a chimpanzee trekking permit which will give you the chance to participate in chimpanzee trekking. The permit can be obtained from the Uganda tourism board, Uganda wildlife authority or from a trusted tour operator in the park in the country at a fee of usd150
GUIDELINES FOR CHIMPANZEE TREKKING IN UGANDA
- Littering in the park is highly prohibited during the activity because it can cause accidents like choking. It can also lead to the spread of diseases from humans to the primates.
- Trackers should avoid smoking in the presence of the chimpanzees because they can inhale the smoke which in the long run can lead to diseases like lung cancer, pneumonia mad many other diseases that can be fatal to the primates.
- Unnecessary noise should also be avoided while in the presence of the chimpanzees should be avoided because it can scare off the chimpanzees which can make your activity quite hectic and in some cases the primates take noise as a threat to their existence and hence this can lead them to fatally attack you.
- While Taking pictures of the chimpanzees, you should avoid using flash mode because it can trigger them as threat. It should be noted that the primates are flash sensitive and in a way they can be scared off making the activity unbearable and discomforting.
- Avoid eating in the presence of the chimpanzees in order to avoid the spread of diseases to the primates in case the tourist is sick. It should also be noted that the primates can also attack you in order to get food from them.
- You should maintain a distance of 7 metres away from the primates in order to avoid them from contracting diseases from the tourists that can be fatal to the primates.
PACKING LIST FOR GORILLA TREKKING IN RWANDA
For a memorable experience of chimpanzee trekking in Uganda, tourists should consider packing the right equipment for a comfortable and memorable experience.
- Comfortable Hiking boots should be considered in order to comfortably hike through the forests within Kibale national park where you can avoid getting slippery and a number of attacks from snakes and other wild creatures.
- Insect repellent should also be carried which can help you avoid a number of disease spreading insects like mosquitoes, tsetse flies black flies among other insects that can cause irritation and spread diseases after their bites.
- You can also consider carrying binoculars should be packed because you will get to see a number of bird species in the forests of the park like;
- Camera will help you capture a number of rewarding memories while in the park for instance a number of rewarding attractions like a number of primate species in the park swinging in the tree branches, you will also get the chance to see a number of bird species.
ADDED BENEFITS OF CHIMPANZEE TREKKING IN UGANDA
Kibale national park is a home to over 700 bird species that can be seen when you take part in chimpanzee trekking in the park. During the activity, you will have the chance to see over 100 bird species which will make the activity quite rewarding and among the bird species that can be seen include; Rwenzori Batis, Dusky turtle love, paradise flycatcher, double collared sunbird, marsh harrier, long-crested eagle handsome Francolin Ruwenzori turaco and many other species.
As part of other benefits of taking part in chimpanzee trekking is the fact that you will get to see a number of rewarding primate species as you hike through the forests in order to get to the habituated chimpanzee troops for an amazing time. Some of the primate species that can be seen include; black and white colobus monkey, Hamlyn’s monkey, dent’s monkey, the baboons, silver monkey, silver monkey and many other primate species hence making your activity quite exhilarating.