Golden monkey trekking in Uganda is among the most notable activities that will give you the chance to watch the endangered primate species in the wild. Golden monkey trekking in Uganda is carried out Mgahinga National Park a park famous for the gorilla tours in Uganda. The activity will lead you to the Virunga mountains in Uganda that are Mount Gahinga, mount Sabyinyo and Mount Muhabura where the habituated troops can be seen along the slopes of the Virunga mountains in Uganda.
As you hike the Virunga mountains in Uganda, you will watch a number of attractions like the Albertine endemic bird species as you hike the Virunga mountains, you will watch a number of primate species like the Hamlyn’s monkey, Dent’s monkey, black and white colobus monkeys, the mona monkeys, the silver monkeys and many other rewarding attractions in the wild. When you get to the habituated chimpanzee troops you will to spend one hour with them observing their behaviour and capturing their rewarding features make your Uganda safari experience.
Golden monkey trekking permit in Uganda
For one to obtain a golden monkey trekking permit in Uganda, they should apply for it in advance before the actual date for tracking this is because the activity is quite competitive a number of travellers are interested in participating in watching the endangered species in the wild. For a golden monkey trekking permit in Uganda, one will obtain it from a trusted tour operator or from the Uganda wildlife authority the tourism authority where you can also obtain permits or a number of tourism activities in Uganda. The gorilla trekking permit can be obtained at a price of 100USD per person.
The gorilla trekking permit will give you access to an armed ranger who will protect you to ensure that you have a safe primate experience in Uganda. You will also have access to a knowledgeable guide who will give you all the relevant information about the golden monkey species in the wild interesting about the guide is the fact that he will also answer your queries during the activity about the golden monkeys, the guide will be glad to answer them making the activity quite memorable.
Packing list for golden monkey trekking
- A camera should not miss out on the items to pack during your golden monkey trekking experience in Uganda because there’s a lot to watch at will offer the most rewarding experience like the rewarding views of the Virunga mountains in Africa, you will get to watch a number of primate species and many other rewarding attractions.
- Hiking boots to aid in the easy hike along the Virunga mountains to ensure you hike safely to the habituated golden monkey troops.
- Insect repellent can also be carried to ensure that you have a safe safari experience in the wild. The park is home to a number of disease spreading insects that can cause irritation with their bites.
- Birding checklist because you will get to encounter a number of rewarding bird species like bird species from the Guinea-Congo biome, a number of the Albertine endemic bird species and many other bird species that a number of birders will enjoy watching.
- Water proof jacket and a hat to aid during the rainy season.
Other activities that you should not miss out on during your primate safaris in Uganda include the gorilla trekking experience that will lead you to gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park and gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park which will lead you to the world’s remaining mountain gorillas.
You can also participate in chimpanzee trekking in Uganda and this will lead you to a number of destinations in the country where you can participate in the activity to observe the behaviour of the endangered golden monkey species as you spend one hour with them. You can participate in chimpanzee trekking in Kibale national park, chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest and chimpanzees trekking in Queen Elizabeth national park. Still about the chimpanzees in Uganda, you can participate in chimpanzee habituations which is just like gorilla habituation in Uganda another interesting primate safari in Uganda that involves training the primate species to get accustomed to human presence and this ill give you the chance to watch the authentic reactions of the species as they are introduced to human presence as they get trained for the trekking process.