Gorilla trekking permits in Rwanda
Gorilla trekking permits in Rwanda: Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is among the highly participated in activities in volcanoes national park which will give you the chance to understand the behavior of the endangered mountain gorilla species that can be found as you hike the Virunga Mountains namely; Mount Karisimbi, Mount Bisoke, Mount Sabyinyo, Mount Gahinga, and Mount Muhabura. For one to take part in gorilla trekking in Rwanda they should obtain a gorilla trekking permit which will give you the chance to access the habituated gorilla families in order to observe their behavior in their natural habitat, once you obtain the permit you will have the chance to hike the different virunga mountains where you will access the family and during the hike you will get to see a number of other attractions like primate species like the golden monkeys, the mountain gorillas, the black and white colobus monkeys, vervet monkey, a number of bird species rewarding views of the twin lakes of Burera and Ruhondo among other primate that will also come as an added reward of taking part in the memorable activity.
HOW TO OBTAIN A PERMIT IN RWANDA
If you’re interested in carrying out gorilla trekking in Rwanda, you should book your gorilla trekking permit in advance in order for you not to miss out on the memorable activity this is because of the fact that a number of tourists come to volcanoes national park in order to participate in the activity and because each gorilla family can be visited by one tracking it makes competition and the need to access the gorilla permit high and for that reason you should book your permit in advance in order for you to take part in the memorable gorilla experience i Rwanda. You can book for a gorilla trekking permit through the Rwanda Development Board or from any trusted tour company or tour Operator of your choice at a fee of 1500USD
- A knowledgeable guide: With your gorilla trekking permit, you will have a chance of having a knowledgeable guide that will take you through the gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda right from the park entrance where he will take you through the briefing session of the rules and regulations of gorilla trekking in Rwanda, to the actual time of tracking the gorillas by hiking the virunga mountains in order to access the habituated mountain gorillas. The guide will give you the utmost adventure in the park through offering all the reliable information of the gorillas, an n case of any questions he will be able to answer all your questions which will make the activity memorable.
- An armed ranger: The gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda will give you access to an armed ranger and although gorilla trekking in Rwanda is memorable, one should remember that it involves hiking through dense forests which are a habitat to a number of wild animals that can be a threat to humans during encounters therefore for the safety of the trackers and a safe activity, the group of trackers are accompanied by an armed ranger who will protect you from any vicious animal attacks but one should be assured that the knowledgeable guide will take you through safe hiking trails but in case of any attacks, the armed ranger will protect you.
- One hour with the gorillas: A gorilla trekking in Rwanda, will give you the chance to spend one hour with the mountain gorillas which will give you the chance to understand the behaviour of the endangered primate species like the diet which comprises of fruits, leaves, tree barks, stems, fruits, their social structure where you will see the dominant silver back of the group and the adult females taking care of the infants you will also get the chance to see how they construct their nests for overnight stay among other rewarding features of the primates.
- Park entrance fees: Once you obtain a gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda, it will give you the chance to access the park premises without paying the park entrance fees because the gorilla trekking permit covers the park entrance fees which is not the case for other activities like golden monkey trekking, hiking the virunga mountains, tracking the colobus monkeys where you will pay for the park entrance fees even after obtaining their permits.
- Lunch: The gorilla trekking permit doesn’t include of lunch during your gorilla trekking experience in the park therefore among your packing list for gorilla trekking in Rwanda, you should consider having your packed lunch with you since gorilla trekking in the park can take approximately 6-8 hours so to avoid getting hungry which can slow you down as you hike the virunga mountains in order to regain your energy.
- Participation in other activities: Although the fees of a gorilla trekking permit are slightly higher than other activities, it does not give you the chance to participate in other activities within the par. So if you’re interested in taking part in other activities, you will have to pay for the different activities.
- Porter: Gorilla trekking is a strenuous activity which involves hiking the Virunga Mountains in order to access the habituated mountain gorillas and by this it has increased the need for tourists to get porters that will help you with your luggage and other hiking equipments but it should be noted that the gorilla trekking permit doesn’t give you access to the porter. Therefore you should hire a porter at a small amount in order to have a comfortable activity.
Related gorilla trekking safaris