Packing List for Gorilla Trekking in Uganda
Packing List for Gorilla Trekking in Uganda: Gorilla trekking in Uganda is the most rewarding activities in Bwindi impenetrable national park and mgahinga national park where you can access the habituated gorilla families during your Uganda safari to understand more about the endangered primate species. Gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park is carried out in the four sectors of the park that is Rushaga, Ruhija, Buhoma and Nkuringo where you will get to see half of the world’s remaining mountain gorilla and interesting about the gorilla experience in Bwindi impenetrable national park is the fact that it can also give you a chance to take part in gorilla habituation which is another amazing that will give you the opportunity to take part in training the mountain gorillas to get accustomed to human presence.
Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park involves tourists hiking the Virunga Mountains that is Mount Sabyinyo, Mount Muhabura and Mount Gahinga where you can find the habituated gorilla families which will give you the chance to spend one hour with them observing their behaviour in the wild for a memorable Uganda safari. If you are interested in having a memorable gorilla trekking experience in Uganda, it is necessary to know the things you should pack for an amazing safari for a comfortable trip.
- Hiking boots should be the first thing you should consider packing for an amazing gorilla trekking experience during your Uganda safari because both the packs involve hiking through a number of dense vegetation like in Bwindi impenetrable forests which can be an obstacle while hiking through the forests to get to the habituated families and in mgahinga national park because the gorilla families are found along the bamboo trees of the virunga mountains, the mountains tend to be slippery during the rainy seasons and a bit hard to trek when you have normal shoes, therefore the perfect hiking shoes will ensure that you have an amazing experience as you hike. It should be noted that the weather in the parks is unpredictable therefore it can make the activity quite hard for tourists that do not have the right hiking shoes.
- You should have the perfect hiking clothes to make your activity very comfortable for you as you hike through the different forests in the parks. During gorilla trekking in Uganda, the perfect hiking clothes include garden gloves that will ensure that you are not scratched by nettles or tree branches as you hike through the forests, long trousers and a long sleeved shirts that can also help to avoid being scratched by branches and bitten by disease spreading insects like mosquitoes, tsetse flies that can also cause irritation with their bites which can make the activity quite uncomfortable.
- Packed lunch should also be packed when you take part in gorilla trekking in Uganda because the activity can take around 7-9 hours hiking to the gorilla families, engaging with them therefore you should pack lunch in order for you to catch a bite when you get hungry while hiking to the challenging virunga mountains and impenetrable forests in order to access the gorilla families therefore you should consider carrying your packed lunch which you can eat along the resting breaks during the hike to help you gain some energy during your hike to the habituated gorilla families.
- Insect repellent, should also not miss out on your packing list for gorilla trekking in Uganda this is because Bwindi impenetrable national park and mgahinga national park are characterised with dense vegetation cover that are a habitat to a number of disease spreading insects like mosquitoes that can spread malaria, tsetse flies that can spread sleeping sickness and other insects that can cause irritation with their bites therefore the repellent will avoid you from being bitten a number of disease spreading insects.
- During gorilla trekking in Uganda, you will get to see the primates species like the mona monkey, vervet monkey, Dent’s monkey, silver monkey among other rewarding attractions that can be captured if you have a camera for a memorable safari that will make the activity quite rewarding.
- Binoculars although are optional can also be carried because during gorilla trekking in Uganda. It should be noted that mgahinga national park and Bwindi impenetrable national park are one of the memorable birding destination in Uganda that you can visit to see a number endemic albertine rift bird species, migratory species among other bird species. Some of the different bird species that can be seen include; the long-crested eagle handsome Francolin, Rwenzori Batis Dusky turtle love, paradise flycatcher, archer’s ground robin, African Rwenzori, double collared sunbird, marsh harrier, Ruwenzori turaco and many more. Therefore if you are interested in watching a number of bird species as you participate in gorilla trekking in Uganda, you should consider carrying the binoculars.