Reasons to take part in Gorilla Trekking in Uganda 2022 : Are you interested in tracking the endangered mountain gorillas in Africa? Uganda should be you top destination for gorilla trekking Africa. The country boosts of having the highest numbers of the mountain gorillas that can be seen in both Bwindi impenetrable national park and Mgahinga National park. this adventure activity involves hiking through the thick vegetation in search of the habituate gorilla families in Uganda, when you get to the species you will be mesmerized by their string structure and how of the giants they are with an adult male having an average height of 5.9 feet. It should also be noted that during your gorilla trekking experience in Uganda you will have the most amazing adventure because of a number of reasons and these include;
- As compared to gorilla trekking in Rwanda where to participate in the activity you should obtain a gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda, you will get to access the gorilla permit in Rwanda at a price of 1500USD which is quite expensive compared to a gorilla trekking permit in Uganda which can be obtained at a price of 500 USD making gorilla trekking in Uganda the best alternative for gorilla trekking in Africa. It should also be noted that for gorilla trekking in Virunga national park where you can access the habituated mountain gorillas in Congo, the park is currently closed because of the Nyiragongo eruption that happened in 2021 which destroyed a number of trails in the park hence making the tourism activities in Virunga national park to be put on a standstill.
- Gorilla trekking in Uganda will give you more chances to participate in gorilla trekking in the activity given the fact that you can participate in two destinations that is gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park and Bwindi impenetrable national park. it should be noted that with gorilla trekking only 8 people are expected to visit a particular gorilla family hence restricting a number of people interested in taking part in the gorilla safaris. in Uganda you will have more chances to take part in the activity because of the fact that you can either book for the activity in either of the two national parks which is not the case for the gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda and the gorilla trekking experience in Congo.
- During your gorilla tours in Uganda, you can also participate in a number of other gorilla experiences after your activity in Uganda as compared to gorilla trekking in Rwanda and Congo. In Uganda you can participate in Gorilla habituation in Uganda which will give you the opportunity to not only participate in tracking gorillas that are used to human presence but the trackers will get the opportunity to track the gorillas and also participate in training the gorillas to get accustomed to human presence which will help you observe a number of authentic reactions of the primates in the wild, Reasons to take part in Gorilla Trekking in Uganda 2022.
- Another reason why you should take part in gorilla trekking in Uganda 2022 is the fact that the activity is quite safe which will help you have a memorable gorilla trekking experience. It should be noted that the parks are a home to a number of wildlife species like the forest elephants that can attack you if you wander away from the group because it is a home to a number of vicious animals that can make your activity quite safe and thrilling for an amazing experience in the parks without having to worry of being attacked by the wildly animals.
- During the activity, you will be accompanied by an armed ranger who will protect you in case of any vicious animal attacks but it is quite unusual because the guide will take you along the safe trails that are not frequented by vicious animals but in case you come across the, you will have nothing to worry about.
- Another reason to take part in gorilla trekking in Uganda is the fact that you can watch a number of rewarding attractions in the park which will give you the chance to observe a number of rewarding attractions in the park like the different monkey species for example the vervet monkey, Hamlyn’s monkey, black and white colobus monkey, you can also participate in the Batwa trail experience after you get done with your gorilla safari. The activity will give you the opportunity to observe the behaviour of the formerly forest people that depended on the forest products for survival, you will get to see how the batwa have been to adjust to the normal life after being evacuated from the parks and b this you will get to see how they carry out small scale farming, you will get to taste some of their local dishes for the most rewarding gorilla trekking experience in Uganda.