Rules and Regulations for Gorilla Habituation in Uganda : While participating in the gorilla safaris in Uganda, you will get too realise that there’s more to the country than just gorilla trekking which is among the most famous activities in Uganda that are known for gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park and gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park but also the fact that you will get to participate in gorilla habituation in Uganda. Gorilla habituation in Uganda has also gained popularity over the years because of the fact that it gives travellers more time to spend with the gorillas but also the fact that they are not yet used to human presence which will give you the chance to capture and watch their authentic reactions of the gorillas as they get accustomed to human presence.
Gorilla habituation in Uganda is carried out in Bwindi impenetrable national park in the rushaga sector of the park which will give you the chance to access the gorilla families that are under the habituation process.
For travellers to take part in the activity they should obtain a gorilla habituation permit in Uganda at a price of 1500USD which will give you the opportunity to observe a number of rewarding experiences of the primate species in the park. once you make your way to the park to take part in the activity you will get to spend four hours with the gorilla species and interesting about the activity is the fact that you will also get the chance to take part in the training sessions which is quite different when it comes to gorilla trekking where you will only get to spend one hour with the gorillas and for travellers interested in spending more time with the gorillas then gorilla habituation is the best option.
While participating in Gorilla habituation, there are a number of rules and regulations to follow in order for you to have an amazing experience during your gorilla habituation experience in Uganda;
- Follow the lead of the guide who has all the relevant information about the park with all knowledge about the safe trails you can embark on to make your way to the gorilla families quite memorable. The park is home to a number of wildlife species like the forest warthogs, buffaloes that can easily attack you in case you wander off.
- You should also follow the lead of the ranger who will also protect you against any vicious animal attacks in the park because the park is home to a number of wild animals which can easily attack you
- Carry a camera which will help you capture the beautiful memories as you spend some time with the gorillas which will give you an amazing safari experience observing a number of rewarding features of the gorillas quite memorable.
- Perfect hiking shoes should be carried to aid in trekking the impenetrable forests in order to access the gorillas to spend time with the gorillas for an amazing Uganda safari experience in the park.
- Long trousers and long sleeved shirts should be carried to ensure that you are not pricked by nettles and some plants can which can cause irritation.
- You can also carry insect repellent which will help in repelling a number of disease spreading insects that can cause irritation with their bite.
- While taking pictures of the gorillas in the park, you should ensure that you avoid taking pictures using flash mode which can scare off the gorillas but also lead them to attack you and make your safari unbearable.
- While participating in gorilla habituation, you are encouraged to avoid eating in the presence of the gorillas because they can easily attack you to get a bite of your food, also the gorillas are quite vulnerable species that can easily contract the diseases.