Rwanda’s Top Adventure Activities : From Mountain Biking To Zip Lining : Rwanda, known as the “Land of a Thousand Hills,” is a beautiful country with a stunning landscape that offers a plethora of adventure activities for thrill-seekers. From hiking and mountain biking to zip lining and kayaking, Rwanda’s adventure activities are a must-try for any adrenaline junkie. Here are some of the top adventure activities to do in Rwanda.
- Gorilla Trekking: Gorilla trekking is one of the most popular adventure activities in Rwanda, and for good reason. Rwanda is home to over a third of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas, and trekking through the lush forests of the Virunga Mountains to observe these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The trek can take up to eight hours, but the reward of spending an hour with the gorillas makes it all worthwhile.
- Mountain Biking: Mountain biking is a fantastic way to explore Rwanda’s beautiful countryside and hills. There are several biking trails in the country, ranging from easy to difficult, and all offer stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. The most popular trails are found in the Northern Province, around the Volcanoes National Park, and the Southern Province, around Nyungwe Forest National Park.
- Zip Lining: Zip lining is a thrilling adventure activity that allows you to experience Rwanda’s beautiful forests from a unique perspective. Located in Nyungwe Forest National Park, the canopy walk is a 160m-long and 70m-high suspension bridge that allows visitors to walk through the treetops and experience the forest in a new and exciting way.
- Hiking: Hiking is a great way to explore Rwanda’s beautiful countryside and hills. The country has several hiking trails, ranging from easy to difficult, and all offer stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. Some of the most popular hiking trails include Mount Bisoke, Mount Karisimbi, and the Congo Nile Trail.
- Kayaking: Kayaking is a fun and exciting way to explore Rwanda’s many lakes and rivers. The most popular kayaking destination is Lake Kivu, located on the western border of Rwanda. Lake Kivu offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and is a great place to explore by kayak.
- Canopy Walk: The canopy walk is a thrilling adventure activity that allows visitors to walk through the treetops and experience the forest from a unique perspective. Located in Nyungwe Forest National Park, the canopy walk is a 160m-long and 70m-high suspension bridge that offers stunning views of the forest and the surrounding landscape.
- Waterfall Rappelling: Waterfall rappelling is a thrilling adventure activity that involves descending down a waterfall using ropes and harnesses. Located in the Nyungwe Forest National Park, the Kitabi Waterfall is a popular destination for waterfall rappelling. The waterfall is 100m high and offers stunning views of the surrounding forest.
In conclusion, Rwanda’s adventure activities offer a unique way to experience the country’s beautiful landscapes and natural wonders. From gorilla trekking and mountain biking to zip lining and waterfall rappelling, there is an adventure activity for every thrill-seeker in Rwanda. So, if you’re planning a trip to Rwanda, make sure to add some of these adventure activities to your itinerary for an unforgettable experience.
how much is ziplining and mountain biking in Rwanda
The cost of zip lining and mountain biking in Rwanda varies depending on the provider and the location of the activity. Here are some estimated prices for these adventure activities:
- Zip Lining: The canopy walk at Nyungwe Forest National Park costs approximately $60 per person for non-residents, while residents pay $30 per person. Some providers may offer additional zip lining experiences at different prices.
- Mountain Biking: The cost of mountain biking in Rwanda can vary depending on the provider and the location of the activity. Some providers may charge around $50 to $60 per person for a half-day biking excursion, while others may charge more for a full-day excursion.
It’s important to note that prices are subject to change and may vary depending on the time of year and the level of demand. It’s recommended to research and compare prices from different providers before booking any adventure activity in Rwanda. Additionally, some tour packages may include adventure activities as part of their itinerary, which could be a more cost-effective option for those looking to do multiple activities during their trip