Travel Guide for Gorilla trekking in Rwanda
Travel guide for Gorilla trekking in Rwanda: Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is one of the most memorable activities in Rwanda that can be carried out in volcanoes national park where you will get to hike the virunga mountains in order to access the habituated gorilla families. For you to have a comfortable activity while in the land of 100 hills here is a travel guide for gorilla trekking in Rwanda that will ensure that you know the right items to pack for your activity, where to get the gorilla trekking permits in Rwanda, where and the activities involved in finding the gorilla families in the park, the permit inclusions, and exclusions among other important and relevant information of the gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda.
Where to find the gorilla families
In order to access the mountain gorillas, you will have to take part in gorilla trekking in Rwanda, volcanoes national park where you will have to hike the Virunga Mountains which will give you the chance to access the habituated gorilla families in the park. along the different virunga mountains, you will find the different families which will give you a regarding experience during your Rwanda safari. While participating in gorilla trekking Rwanda, you will have rewarding experiences of bird species like along the slopes of the mountains. as you get to the bamboo trees where you can find the primates, you will get to see a number primate species like the vervet monkey, mona monkey, dent monkey, grey-cheeked mangabey, golden monkeys among other primate species and on top of your experience you will get to spend one hour with the habituated gorilla family that you arfe assigned to.
Where to get the gorilla trekking permit
Gorilla trekking in Rwanda being the most popular tourism activity in the country, it has attracted a number of people interested in the activity which has brought a lot of competition for people interested in taking part in the activity. It should be noted that for every gorilla family, only eight trackers are allowed to visit it this is because of the fact that the primates are highly fragile and vulnerable species which makes sense for tourists that book in advance for gorilla tracking permits in order to avoid missing out on the memorable activity.
Gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda can be got from the Rwanda development board the tourism board of Rwanda or from authorised tourism operators in Rwanda throughout the country or explore Rwanda tours a trusted tour company in Rwanda at a price of 1500USD in order to have ana amazing gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda.
When you obtain a gorilla trekking permit in order to participate in gorilla trekking in Rwanda, it should be noted that the permit has a number of price inclusions and exclusion that will help you plan accordingly your activity of gorilla trekking in Rwanda.
- Knowledgeable guide, will ensure that you have an amazing time during gorilla trekking in Rwanda because how knowledgeable and skilled they are when it comes to the gentle
- Ranger giants and they will give you all the reliable information concerning the primates to make the activity quite memorable.
- One hour with the gorillas, during gorilla trekking in Rwanda the permit gives you the chance to spend only an hour with the gorillas after the time elapses you will be escorted back to the park entrance where you will be met by your guide.
- Park entrance fees, when you obtain a gorilla trekking part in Rwanda, you will not pay the park entrance fees because the permit caters for them.
- extra time with the gorillas, the activity of gorilla trekking in Rwanda gives you only one hour to spend with the gorillas
- participation in other activities, with the gorilla trekking permit, you will only have a chance to spend only in gorilla trekking
- porter, although the activity of gorilla trekking in Rwanda can be strenuous because it involves hiking the virunga mountains it doesn’t mean you will have a porter as part of the gorilla trekking package. Porters are hired at the park entrance at an extra fee inorder to help you with your luggage.
Packing list for gorilla trekking
You should have the perfect and comfortable hiking avoid slipping during the hike along the steep slopes of the virunga mountains and during instances where the rain falls and the slopes become slippery therefore the perfect shoes will enable you to ccess the gorilla families in the shortest time
Volcanoes national park is a habitat to a number of disease spreading insects like tsetse flies mosquitoes among other insects that can be encountered during your hike through the thick vegetation which can cause a number of diseases, therefore, you should carry insect repellent to avoid being bitten by insects in the park which can cause diseases.
Given the fact the park is a habitat to a number of bird species that can also be seen during the hikes along the virunga mountains, you can carry binoculars in order not to miss out on the memorable adventure of watching bird species that are endemic to the Albertine rift
You should carry pain killers in order to relieve yourself from tensions and muscle pains after hiking the virunga mountains as you access the habituated gorilla families
it is advisable that you put on the perfect hiking clothes to ensure you have a comfortable activity while in the park. long sleeved shirts and Long trousers to avoid being scratched by branches, you can also consider putting on garden gloves to avoid being pricked by nettles.
The weather of Volcanoes National Park is quite unpredictable that even during the dry season their is a great chance for rain to fall due to the thick vegetation cover in the park, so it is advisable to carry a light raincoat.