5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls Tour
5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls Tour takes on a thrilling adventure as you explore the northern and eastern parts of Uganda. On these 5 days Uganda safari, you will visit one of the most beautiful national parks in the country, Kidepo Valley National Park. The national park is well known for its beautiful, natural landscape; thus its name ‘the Masai Mara of Uganda.’ You will then visit Sipi Falls located in Kapchorwa district in the eastern region of the country.
Summary for the 5 Days Kidepo & Sipi Falls Tour
- Day 1: Pick up in Kampala and Transfer to Kitgum.
- Day 2: Drive to Kidepo and evening game drive.
- Day 3: Morning game drive and community walk.
- Day 4: Transfer to Sipi falls and Visit a Coffee Farm in Mbale.
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala.
Day 1: Pick up in Kampala and Transfer to Kitgum.
- Pickup & Transfer to Kitgum: Your guide/driver from Explore Rwanda Tours will pick you up from your hotel in Kampala and you will drive to Kitgum district in northern Uganda. This is a 6- 7 hour journey meaning you will have your lunch in Gulu town. After lunch you will embark on an hour’s drive to Aruu falls in Pader district. These falls have recently been put on the tourist map. These beautiful waterfalls are situated roughly 47 km off Gulu- Kitgum highway and 4 and a half km off Pader- Kitgum highway. You will hike a short distance to where the waterfalls are. Later embark on your journey to Kitgum where you will check into your accommodation, have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 2: Drive to Kidepo and evening game drive.
- Drive to Kidepo: Have breakfast early in the morning and check out of your lodge. You will then transfer to Kidepo national park. The national park is located in Kaboong district and it is the most isolated national park in Uganda. The park lies on Uganda’s border with Kenya and covers 1,442 square kilometers of savannah land. It was first established as a national park in 1962. Some of the major attractions in the national park are rivers Narus and Kidepo which are seasonal rivers as well as the high numbers of wildlife in the park. You will have lunch enroute to the park.
- Evening Game Drive: Once you arrive in the park, you will embark on an evening game drive. While on your game drive, you will view wildlife like; the African savannah elephant, cheetahs, striped Hyenas, caracal, buffalos, oribis, zebras, and Jackson’s Harte beasts many others. Kidepo national park is the only national park in Uganda where you will find ostrich birds in the wilderness.
- Later head back to your lodge for dinner and an overnight.
Day 3: Morning game drive and community walk.
- Morning game drive: Have breakfast at your lodge and later head out on a morning game drive in the park. Kidepo is known to be the ‘Masai Mara’ of Uganda due to the large number of wildlife living within the park. You will view wildlife such as the ostrich birds, elephants, buffalos, Harte beasts, zebras, gazelles, jackals, bush backs, and other wildlife. Head back to your lodge for lunch and relaxation.
- Community Walk: Later in the evening head out for a community tour to the neighboring Karamajong homesteads. During this tour, you will be taken through the day-to- day lifestyles of the Karamajong people, see their ‘manyata’ houses and also be entertained by the local dance groups.
- Later head back to your lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Transfer to Sipi falls and Visit a Coffee Farm in Mbale.
- Transfer to Sipi Falls: After breakfast, check out of your lodge and drive to the majestic Sipi falls found in Kapchorwa district in eastern Uganda. You will hike to the bottom of the falls where you can take pictures. The hiking trails to the falls are rocky and at certain points, steep; so do endeavor to wear a good pair of hiking boots and ask your guide to provide you with a walking stick just in case you may need to use it while hiking. Have lunch and then transfer to Mbale town.
- Visit a Coffee Farm in Mbale: After your hike, you will proceed to Mbale for a tour of coffee farms. Mbale district is one of the major coffee growing areas in Uganda, producing the largest amount of coffee that is export abroad. Coffee farmers here mainly grow Arabica coffee. The coffee tour includes; visiting coffee farms where the coffee is grown and harvested, storage warehouses, processing plants where the coffee is proceed and packaged for domestic consumption and exportation.
- Retire to your hotel in Mbale for dinner and an overnight.
Day 5: Transfer Back to Kampala.
- Transfer back to Kampala: Have breakfast and at 7am drive back to Kampala City. Once you reach Kampala, you can opt to go on a half day tour of Kampala city or have your guide drive you straight to your hotel.
End of Tour.